Recipe -Empire Biscuits
225g unsalted butter, softened
100g caster sugar
250g plain flour, sifted
Glace cherries or jelly tots
450g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking trays with baking parchment.
2.Cream together butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until fluffy and light.
3. Add flour and beat very briefly until just combined.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 5mm thickness.
5. Cut into circles using a pastry/cookie cutter.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the biscuits are lightly golden.
7. Let biscuits cool on baking trays for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Dollop a teaspoon of jam on to a biscuit. Spread out but not right to the sides. Sandwich a second biscuit on top.
9. Repeat with the remaining biscuits. Using a small whisk, mix together icing sugar and milk to form a spreadable icing.
10. Using the back of a teaspoon, spread on top of biscuit sandwiches.
11. With the remaining icing, drop in 2 drops of green food colouring and mix until evenly coloured. Transfer to a disposable piping bag and cut a small hole. Pipe 2 holly leaf shapes and place red sweets as the berries.